A Morehead City, NC Dental Malpractice Lawyer on Your Side
If you or your loved one experienced injury or illness caused by your dentist or a member of their staff, you need to consult with a dental malpractice lawyer in Morehead City, NC as soon as possible to discuss your case. Attorney Harry H. Albritton, Jr. is an experienced, dedicated attorney who will fight to get you fair compensation. Because we understand the challenges you’re facing, we don’t ask for payment for legal services until you receive your settlement.
Understanding Dental Malpractice
During dental care or dental surgery, you rightfully expect your healthcare providers will take proper precautions and follow the necessary standard of care. When the standard of care is not met and you experience injury or trauma due to negligence, this can be dental malpractice, and the healthcare provider may be held responsible for your injury.
Dental malpractice can be seen in a variety of ways, including:
- Unnecessary removal of a tooth;
- Performing an unnecessary dental procedure, such as performing a root canal or extraction when a cavity could be filled;
- Failing to diagnose a serious dental issue and a subsequent lack of treatment, causing the problem to become more serious;
- Misdiagnosing a dental issue, leading the patient to receive the incorrect treatment for the issue;
- Performing a dental procedure on the wrong tooth;
- Incorrect anesthesia administration during a dental treatment;
- Failing to properly sterilize dental equipment and causing an infection;
- Causing nerve damage during a routine dental treatment;
- Failing to accurately read and consider the dental history of a patient; and/or
- Intentional causing injury or harm to a patient while they are sedated for a dental treatment.
The Statute of Limitations on Dental Malpractice in North Carolina
The North Carolina General Statute § 1-15 gives a plaintiff three years to file a dental malpractice claim with the calendar counting down from the last act of the dental provider giving rise to alleged injuries. However, if the patient was unaware of the injury or harm and learned later the dentist was at fault, one additional year may be added but there is no more than four years from the last act of the dental provider giving rise to the alleged injuries.
Why Choose Irons & Irons P.A. as Your Dental Malpractice Lawyer
Attorney Harry H. Albritton with Irons & Irons P.A. is committed to advocating forhis clients and has a track record of success in medical and dental malpractice cases. This includes:
- $50,000 to a dental patient who suffered sinus cavity perforation while undergoing a routine dental visit.
- $55,000 to a child who was abused physically during a dental procedure.
- $1.3 million secured in compensation to multiple families with children who underwent excessive procedures and dental work unsupported by X-rays.
Schedule a Consultation with Our Morehead City, NC Dental Malpractice Lawyer Today
If you experienced an injury due to a dentist’s avoidable error or negligence, we will fight to get you the compensation you deserve. Schedule a consultation today at